Sunday, November 30, 2008

Koonung Ward Provisional Results

I have just been informed by the returning officer, Mr. David Cook, that the community has elected me as one of its councillors for Koonung Ward. I am excited and humbled in this vote of confidence, and will do my very best to work diligently, transparently and tirelessly for the community. From other sources, I understand that congratulations are in order for Fred Chua and Charles Pick, whom I believe were also elected. My sincere commiserations to the other candidates, several of whom I know well and believe would also have made good councillors.

Counting for the remaining two wards is ongoing and results may not be available until late this evening.

The official swearing in of all councillors takes place at 6pm Monday 1st December in the Manningham City Council offices on Doncaster Road. Please feel free to attend and meet your new councillors!

Moving forward, I wish to use this website as a medium for regular communication with residents across Manningham. I will post my thoughts on policy, current issues being debated in council and seeking your input.

Thank you and stay tuned!

No comments: