Sunday, November 2, 2008

Introduction




Thank you for making the time to discover more about me, Ivan Reid. I am a candidate for the 2008 Council Elections, Manningham, Koonung Ward. During the election campaign I will be adding more information every few days, so please visit regularly or subscribe to the news feed.

As an introduction, below is my Candidate Statement, which tells you a little about myself and the issues I stand for. After the Cup Weekend, I intend to publish some financial analysis I have done which will illustrate the questionable financial management of our Council, so come back again soon.

Fellow residents of Koonung, we face uncertain times, with financial markets in terrible turmoil. Crime is increasing, our neighbourhood character eroding. Transport and community facilities wanting. Challenging times demand better leadership. Someone who will deliver good governance on rates, services for families and the elderly, crime prevention and appropriate neighbourhood development. Concerned by rising crime, I lobbied neighbours and co-founded a Neighbourhood Watch for the area between Doncaster, Wetherby and Tram roads – the first one there. As a senior technology executive, accountable for $20 million annual budget, I have the sound financial experience to ensure our rates are managed for maximum benefit to the community. A father who has worked throughout the world, I understand the challenges facing old and young, newcomer and established resident alike. This opportunity to improve our community comes but once in four years, so don't waste your opportunity to make our beautiful city even better.

Leave me your comments or e-mail me at ivan@bettermanningham.com.
In the next few days, I'll be posting a video interview for you to meet me "in person", so come back soon!

No comments: